With that in mind, I’ve decided to try something new in my daily routine. I want to start taking 10 minutes at the beginning of each day and sit back and think of some of the things I should appreciate in my life.
Well here goes, this is just going to be a random list of things that come to my mind over the next 10 minutes.
1) I have a job (I’m self-employed) at a time when so many others in the US and around the world do not.
2) I’m fortunate that I’m working at home today, sitting outside on my patio, with my dogs, while so many others who are working had to get in a car and actually drive to their place of work and have to sit in an office all day.
3) A quick tour of my backyard shows me that 2/3 of the “cuttings” I took off some of my bushes and planted elsewhere seem to be doing fine, in fact a few of them are growing like crazy.
4) Considering it is May 22 in HOT, HOT, HOT, DRY, DRY, DRY Arizona, I’m tickled to death that it’s actually 66 degrees right now and it rained last night. It’s actually raining very lightly right now, but it is so cool and crisp that it’s absolutely delicious.
5) I’m sitting outside while I’m writing this post, so I am able to enjoy that beautiful weather.
6) Because it’s so cool, I was able to open the windows in my house and let in fresh, cool air, as opposed to sitting in a closed environment with the air conditioning running (or just sweating a bit under the ceiling fans).
7) In this day and age when people are having trouble paying their bills, mine are paid.
8) A flock of birds is singing in my backyard.
9) One of my dogs injured his foot about 2 weeks ago (I think he got stung by something). The swelling has gone way down and he seems to be doing much better.
10) I’m getting ready to go to the gym and have a nice workout in about an hour. I’m either going to go in the pool, do the treadmill, or ride an exercise bike.
11) I’m looking at some mountains in the backyard and they are spectacular. In fact, they have a lot of greenery on them, which is what usually happens after a rain.
12) It’s VERY quiet and peaceful in my backyard. The energy in this place is great.
13) In a few weeks I’m going to be taking a 5 day vacation to celebrate my 50th birthday.
14) My wife just came outside for a few minutes and it was nice to talk to her about her brunch plans on Sunday as we have several guests coming over our house at that time.
15) I’ve started working on my 4th and 5th books. The 4th book is going to be a “continuation” of my “Moments” series of books. I’m not going to go into much detail about it now but I’ll write more about it shortly.
16) In conjunction with that 4th book, I’m going to have another opportunity to drive around the country for a few weeks during this summer. That will be VERY enjoyable and relaxing, plus I’ll get to meet a TON of great people.
17) My health is great. No problems and I’m feeling pretty darned good. In fact, I’m feeling about as good as I have in the past 18 months, as I ruptured my achilles tendon back then.
THIS IS JUST A LIST OF 17 THINGS OF WHICH I’M FEELING APPRECIATIVE OF AT THE MOMENT.
What are you feeling appreciative of ??? I’d like you to take a few minutes and reflect upon that thought. Focus on what is going well in your life and more good things will come into your life. That’s the way the universe works.
Have you checked out my website that profiles the benefits of walking? iWarriorWalk.com